* A first line treatment to control blood pressure.
* Make a difference in CNI protection more than ARBs, ACE, Diuretics & Blockers.
* Suitable for patients with concomitant conditions.
* Generally, Well tolerated Continuously 24-hour action for predictable therapeutic response.
* Convenient once daily dosing to enhance patient compliance.
Single pill, fixed dose combinations of antihypertensive agents will increasingly play a bigger role in the management of hypertension, giving doctors more options in their therapeutic armamentarium, experts told attendees of the American Society of Hypertension (ASH) 2010 Scientific Meeting. As it is estimated that at least 75% of patients will require combination therapy to achieve contemporary blood-pressure targets, the feeling among many doctors is that single-pill combinations of two antihypertensive agents could increasingly be used as initial therapy.